Corn pudding (also known as corn casserole) is delicious as a side dish or main dish. There are numerous ways to make it. The flavor of the dish can be transformed by adding a variety of ingredients. This version of corn pudding only requires five ingredients. It’s so easy to make it will become a dinner staple.
- 1/2 stick of butter (melted or at room temperature)
- 2 cans of whole kernel sweet corn (drained)
- 1 can of cream-style sweet corn
- 1 cup [8 ounces] of sour cream
- 1 [8.5 ounce] package of corn muffin mix
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the five ingredients in a large bowl (butter, whole kernel corn, cream-style corn, sour cream, and muffin mix).
- Pour the corn mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Bake the corn mixture for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the center is set and the corn pudding is golden brown.
To make easy to serve individual servings, cook the corn mixture in a muffin tin instead of a baking dish. Corn pudding can take on a southern, Mexican, or Italian flavor. Stir in crumbled bacon to give the recipe a southern taste. Shredded cheese, chopped chives, and chopped jalapeno peppers gives corn pudding Mexican flavor. Ricotta cheese and Italian herbs create a different flavor profile when added to the recipe. The flavor possibilities are endless.