One of the best ways to warm up when the weather cools down is with a bowl of hot soup. Pasta e Fagioli is extremely popular because it’s one of Olive Garden’s signature soups. The following is an easy and tasty copycat recipe that can be made in a crock pot.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt (optional)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 medium carrots (peeled and chopped) OR 1 small bag of shredded carrots
- 4 medium OR 3 large stalks of celery (cleaned and diced)
- 2 [28 ounce] cans of diced stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 [16 ounce] can of red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 [16 ounce] can of white kidney beans [also called cannellini beans] (drained)
- 3 [10 ounce] cans of beef stock OR 1 [26 to 30 ounce] carton of beef stock
- 4 teaspoons of dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 5 teaspoons of parsley
- 1 [20 to 24 ounce] jar of spaghetti sauce (Prego or a favorite brand)
- 8 ounces of Ditalini pasta (or any short cut pasta)
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet.
- Drain the fat from the ground beef.
- Season the drained ground beef with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Place the drained and seasoned ground beef and all of the other ingredients (EXCEPT the pasta) into a large crock pot.
- Stir all of the ingredients together.
- Cook everything (EXCEPT the pasta) on low (7 to 8 hours), or on high (4 to 5 hours).
- Stir in the pasta during the last 30 minutes of cooking (on high), or during the last 1 hour of cooking (on low).
- Stir the soup gently before serving.
Be sure to drain canned beans prior to adding them to the crock pot for cooking. The recipe as shown MUST be made in a large crock pot to prevent overflowing. For smaller crock pots (or to make fewer servings) reduce all of the ingredients by 1/2. The recipe can be adjusted to suit the taste palates of any family. Canned green beans or corn can be substituted for the carrots.
Other Copycat Olive Garden Soup Recipes: