Cake mix cookies are a perfect time saver and they’re easy to make for amateur bakers. These semi-homemade cookies can be made in minutes. They only require five ingredients or less. They’ re perfect for baking with kids, especially as a holiday cooking activity. The following is a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. This recipe can be adjusted to suit any taste by selecting a different flavored cake mix and adjusting the stir-ins to compliment the flavor of the selected cake mix.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix (18.25 ounces)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounce package of chocolate chips ( peanut butter or butterscotch chips can be used)
- ½ cup of chopped pecans (or nuts of your choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Mix the ingredients until thoroughly blended and a cookie dough texture is achieved.
- Spray non-stick baking spray onto baking sheet(s).
- Drop the cookie dough in rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet(s) about an inch and a half apart.
- Bake the cookie dough in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the centers are set.
- Let the cookies stand for 2 minutes.
- Move the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough will yield medium sized cookies. Using rounded teaspoons of cookie dough will yield smaller cookies. (The baking time should be adjusted according to the size of the cookies.) The cookie dough can also be rolled out and cut into shapes by hand or by using cookie cutters. Adding a slice of bread to the bottom of the cookie jar or sealed container will keep the finished cookies soft.