Sweet, smokey flavored barbecue doesn’t always have to be cooked on a grill. A combination of a few spices and the right sauce can produce satisfying barbecued ribs cooked in the oven. Follow this recipe and enjoy finger-licking-good ribs in about an hour. There is no need for charcoal or a grill for these barbecue flavored ribs.
- 3 to 4 pounds country style pork ribs
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of sweet, hickory smoked flavored barbecue sauce OR a homemade sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 350º.
- Use the flat side of a meat mallet to tenderize the ribs while they are still packaged in their original plastic wrap.
- Remove the ribs from their packaging and rinse them to remove excess debris.
- Pat the meat dry with clean paper towels.
- Place the ribs in an appropriately sized baking dish that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drizzle the ribs with olive oil; spread the olive oil evenly on all sides of the ribs.
- Mix the six dry spices and the brown sugar together in a small dish, then rub the dry mixture into the ribs evenly on all sides.
- Place the ribs into an oven that has been pre-heated to 350º and cook them for approximately 30 minutes (or until mostly done).
- Drain any excess liquid from the cooked ribs, then spread the barbecue sauce of your choice evenly over them and cooked them for an additional 10 minutes (or until completely done).
- Remove the ribs from the oven; allow them to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
This recipe works well for other cuts of pork as well. The same spices tastes great on pork chops and pork tenderloin. Prepare pork chop or pork tenderloin using the same steps listed above. Adjust the cooking time for the thickness of the cut of meat.