Education.com is a website that provides digital resources, tools, and learning materials developed by educational experts. The website provides learning resources in over 20 countries and 6 continents. The following is one of the many child-friendly recipes that has been shared on the website.
Applesauce doesn’t just have to be for a bowl – your child can transform it into an easy-to-hold treat! Not only will they learn more about baking, they’ll hone their culinary and fine motor skills.
What You Need:
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ Tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ Tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ Tbsp baking soda
- ½ Tbsp baking powder
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup applesauce (to be used as a topping for the cookies)
- Mixing bowl
- Sheet pan
What You Do:
- Start by inviting your child to gather the ingredients needed for creating the applesauce cookies. They can also preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Now your child can mix together the butter, sugar, vanilla, egg, and applesauce. When working with eggs it’s important to remember to wash hands after handling to prevent anyone from getting sick, and to promote good hygiene!
- Invite your child to add the dry ingredients to the batter. They can use a spatula to make sure all the flour is incorporated.
- Now comes the fun part! Encourage your child to scoop out spoonfuls of the dough and place on the slightly oiled sheet pan about 3 inches apart. They can use the spoon to create an indentation, just like a thumbprint, to hold an extra special topping!
- Offer your child the additional applesauce along with a small serving spoon and fill the indentations with a small scoop of applesauce. Not only is there applesauce in the cookie dough, but also on top of the finished treats!
- Now your child can place the cookies in the hot oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the cookie tops are golden brown. Once they have removed them from the pan, they can make another batch!
More easy dessert recipes:
Semi-homemade cookie recipe for easier baking – Make cookies with only 5 ingredients.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Shortcake – No baking is necessary to enjoy this dessert.
Homemade Fruit Smoothie Recipe – This is a delicious way to enjoy fruit.
Make an easy bunny rabbit cake – Kids will enjoy decorating this cake.