Homemade oatmeal cookies are routinely ranked among the top 10 cookie flavors in America. This recipe puts a new spin on traditional oatmeal cookies. In place of raisins, Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries are substituted. Diced apples are also added to this recipe for a bit of extra fruit and sweetness.
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups of oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
- 3/4 cup of Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
- 3/4 cup of (peeled) diced apples
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla; mix the ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg; mix the ingredients well.
- Stir in the oats, Craisins®, and diced apples until they are evenly distributed.
- Spray non-stick baking spray onto baking sheet(s).
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheet(s).
- Bake the cookies 8 to 9 minutes for chewy cookies or 10 to 11 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool the cookies for about a minute on cookie sheets, then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in a cookie jar or a tightly sealed container.
Rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough will yield medium-sized cookies. Using rounded teaspoons of cookie dough will yield smaller cookies. (The baking time should be adjusted according to the size of the cookies.) Adding a slice of bread to the bottom of the cookie jar or sealed container will keep the finished cookies soft.
Baking Tip: Place a pan of water underneath the cookies to keep them from browning too fast on the bottom.
More easy dessert recipes:
Semi-homemade cookie recipe for easier baking – Make cookies with only 5 ingredients.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Shortcake – No baking is necessary to enjoy this dessert.
Homemade Fruit Smoothie Recipe – This is a delicious way to enjoy fruit.
Make an easy bunny rabbit cake – Kids will enjoy decorating this cake.
Baked Apples – Apple pie lovers can satisfy their pie craving by eating baked apples.