On a daily basis mothers around the world make the decision to breastfeed their children. Moms in some parts of the world breastfeed because it’s the only option they have in order to provide nourishment for their babies. Some moms breastfeed because they believe it’s better for their baby’s overall health, as well as their own health.
In honor of World Breastfeeding Month I encourage moms-to-be to investigate the benefits of breastfeeding. Many of the following reasons to breastfeed can be found on lists compiled by pediatricians and breastfeeding advocates around the world:
1. Breast milk is basically free.
2. Breastfeeding protects children against obesity.
3. Breast milk is more easily digested than any formula.
4. Breast milk is always fresh and at the right temperature.
5.Breastfeeding helps a mother to develop a strong and unique bond with her baby.
6. Breast feeding is the most nutritional way to feed an infant; the composition of breast milk changes overtime to adapt to a growing baby’s needs.
7. Breastfeeding reduces a baby’s risk of developing illnesses such as diabetes, asthma, or allergies.
8. Breastfeeding and milk production can burn an additional 500 calories each day resulting in quicker weight loss for new moms.
9. Studies suggest that mothers who breastfeed are less likely to develop breast, endometrial, or ovarian cancer.
10. Some even believe that the lower IQs found in formula fed babies are a result of insufficient nutrition.
Breastfeeding provides economical, nutritional, and social benefits to babies and mothers. Formula could be defined as a devised or developed recipe, mixture, or prescription. Most mothers would never consider giving their healthy baby anything devised or developed unless there was a medical reason. In most cases when a woman gives birth her body responds by equipping her to provide nourishment for her baby. The optimal situation would be to let nature take its course.
More Breastfeeding Tips:
The information included in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation, or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.
A Kushies GoPillow is a: Wearable Cradle Pillow▪ Breastfeeding Pillow with Built-In Cover▪ Pillow and Swaddling Wrap▪ Toddler Pillow with an Attached Blanket▪ Travel Pillow
Video Demonstration: https://youtu.be/AIcX3Xo1iKY