These semi-homemade pumpkin spice cookies only require five ingredients. They’re perfect for baking in the fall, especially as a holiday activity. Spice cake mix can be used if a stronger spice flavor is desired.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small egg
- 1 (15 oz.) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice (add more for stronger spice flavor)
If spice cake is used for this recipe, reduce or omit the pumpkin pie spice.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350º F.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in thepumpkin pie spice.
- Add the cake mix.
- Mix the ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Spray non-stick baking spray onto baking sheet(s).
- Place the cookie dough in rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet(s) about an inch and a half apart.
- Bake the cookie dough in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the centers are set.
- Let the cookies stand for 2 minutes.
- Move the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough will yield medium-sized cookies. Using rounded teaspoons of cookie dough will yield smaller cookies. (The baking time should be adjusted according to the size of the cookies.) Adding a slice of bread to the bottom of the cookie jar or sealed container will keep the finished cookies soft.
More Dessert Recipes: